Sleep is an integral component that makes up approximately one-third of our lives, naturally contributing to our good health. When a person is unable to sleep well, you can be certain that a good part of their day is going to suffer; basic functions will be disrupted and overall productivity is reduced.
- Do you often find yourself taking over 30 minutes to fall asleep at night?
- Are you waking up frequently during your sleep?
- Have you been told that you snore loudly with a somewhat irregular breathing pattern?
- If you still find yourself tossing and turning, abandon the bedroom and find something enjoyable and absorbing to do. Jigsaws are perfect. Don’t go back to bed until you begin to feel sleepy.
- When you wake up, do you feel groggy and lethargic?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’, then you are one among millions of people across the globe who are unable to sleep soundly and this means it is time for you to make a change.
Nithra; India’s first NABH accredited sleep clinic at Annanagar in Chennai, enables you to live better by sleeping right. Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences is the country’s first free standing, comprehensive Centre for Treatment, Education, Training and Diagnoses of Sleep Related Problems. Founded by Dr. N.Ramakrishnan, a Sleep Specialist certified by The American Board; Nithra not only offers patients sleep medicine services and therapies for disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, parasomnia and snoring but also helps to identify and cure more prevalent issues like causes of anxiety, depression and shift work related sleep problems . Every sleep disorder treatment programme is designed with a wholistic approach involving medical professionals and specialists in weight, nutrition and lifestyle management.
In addition to helping patients sleep better, Nithra is working to create awareness about sleep problems among the general public and healthcare providers with a powerful campaign titled ‘Let’s Pledge to Sleep Better’. By educating people on the importance of good sleep, the team at Nithra can identify and treat any disorders early on, preventing long term health problems.