Nithra Institute of Sleep Medicine is currently located only in Chennai. However, we are keen on extending our services to benefit those living outside using telecommunication technology.
What is Tele-medicine?
Tele-medicine is the ability to provide interactive healthcare utilizing modern technology and telecommunications. Basically, Tele-medicine allows patients to visit with physicians live over video for immediate care or capture video/still images and patient data are stored and sent to physicians for diagnosis and follow-up treatment at a later time. Although various technology options are available to provide tele-medicine services, we aim to keep this simple so that the user could connect to us from a home computer. For further details please check FAQs
What are the benefits of Tele-medicine Consultation?
- The specialist actually hears your medical history and current condition directly from you.
- You will have an interactive session with the specialist where you could provide details about tests and get instant opinion
- The Specialist has an opportunity to provide specific education and counseling suitable for you rather than generic suggestions
- Prescriptions as needed may be sent to you by email
- Consultation appointments are scheduled ahead of time and you may send pertinent details and investigation reports ahead of time.
Can I opt only for a telephone consultation?
The major advantage of tele-medicine consultation is the ability of the doctor and patient to see and talk to each other. This provides a consultation as close to reality, although the doctor cannot directly examine you. Telephone consultations are somewhat more impersonal than video assisted tele-medicine consultations.
Our preference is not to offer initial consultations by phone. However, brief follow up appointments may be scheduled over phone. We may make some exceptions to this rule in specific situations on a case by case basis.
For further details to benefit from a teleconsultation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 44 4350 2252