Nithra Institute of Sleep Medicine is currently located only in Chennai. However, we are eager to extending our services and presence, to benefit those living outside the city through telecommunication technology. The use of medical information exchanged from one site to another using modern electronic communications for the health and education of patients or providers has helped increase the reach of healthcare and thus improve patient care.
Nithra Institute of Sleep Medicine offers Tele-Medicine & Telephone Consultations
One of the most impressive applications of blending healthcare and technology at Nithra, is tele-medicine or tele-consultations with two-way video. Through interactive media, patients are able to ‘visit’ with physicians live, via video for immediate care. This means a live (real-time), interactive specialist consultation to patients in distant locations. The technician at Nithra is able to capture and store the necessary video/still images and patient data, which is then sent to physicians for diagnosis and follow-up treatments thereafter. Although various technology options are available to provide tele-medicine services, we aim to keep this simple as possible so that any user can connect to us from a home computer.
Please read more in our FAQ section.
Benefits of tele-medicine consultation?
- The specialist at Nithra will hear your medical history and current condition directly from you.
- This interactive session with the specialist allows you to explain in detail about any other tests you have done and clear doubts that either of you may have.
- The Nithra specialist now has the opportunity to provide you with specific education and counselling, rather than make generic suggestions. You will also receive prescriptions (as required) by email.
- Consultation appointments with the doctor are scheduled ahead of time and you can send pertinent details and investigation reports well ahead of time.
Can I opt for a telephone consultation?
For further details on a tele-consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 44 4350 2252
Frequently asked questions
- Please take the self test. If you answer yes to any one of the questions, you may benefit from a consultation with our specialist. In addition, if you have been told that you snore, walk, scream, eat or talk frequently during sleep, you may have a problem that needs attention.
- You may seek an appointment by completing this form or by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also call us at +91 44 4350 2252 (10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday) to schedule e-consultations.
- Please note that your appointment is confirmed ONLY after you receive a confirmation email with specified date and time from our office.
- Yes, we provide appointments for new patients through two-way video. We do NOT provide initial consultations by telephone. However, follow up consultations may be scheduled as telephone consultations if you don’t have the facility for two-way video.
- If you are a new patient, you should complete the questionnaire and send it to us prior to the appointment. If after the initial consultation, you are required to have further tests, you will be advised accordingly and the same will be conducted at your home/city or the Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences; if specialized sleep tests are not available in your location.
- Payment details for consultation will be mentioned when you receive confirmation of appointment
- We accept only direct payment by NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer System).
- You would require the following information to initiate a direct fund transfer
- Name of Beneficiary : UTOPIAN HEALTHCARE PVT LTD.,
- Address: Door # 29 (Plot # 1997), J Block, 13th Main road. Annanagar, Chennai – 600 040, India.
- Bank & Branch: Indian Overseas Bank, 177 Luz Church Road. Chennai – 600 004
- Account Number: 006002000004578
- IFSC Code of the Branch: IOBA0000060
- In the same manner that you would prepare yourself when you meet a doctor.Please ensure that you have all your recent tests readily available to be reviewed by the doctor.
- It is a good idea to scan and send specific reports (if relevant) prior to the consultation. Our specialist at Nithra may request you to send specific reports after the consultation.